Can’t get enough of this look!!!
Recreate with liquid eyeliner and false lashes.
You will need:
Concealer, Neutral eyeshadow, Black Liquid Eyeliner, Mascara,
False Lashes, Lash Glue, Tweezers, Scissors, Cotton tips.
1. Apply concealer to the eye area using your finger to blend.
2. Follow with neutral eye shadow, using a large eye shadow brush.
3. Place your finger on the outer corner of your eye and gently pull to the side to flatten the lashline.
4. Start lining your eye from halfway, staying close to the lashline and continuing out to form “wings.”
5. Once you’ve created this base line you can continue adding to it to perfect the look, getting closer and closer to the inner corner of your eye.
TIP: Tilt your head back and keep your eyes slightly open so you can see what you’re doing.
6. Once liner has dried, apply mascara to top and bottom lashes using a zig-zag motion, this will help prevent clumping. Make sure you coat on top of your top lashes as eyeshadow may be sitting there.
7. After the mascara has dried you can apply false lashes. If your falsies are new, hold them against your own lash-line to see if they need to be trimmed to fit, cut them from the outside.
8. Get your lash glue and squeeze a 3cm line across the back of your left hand (right if you’re left-handed).
9. Pick up one of your false lashes with tweezers and dip into the glue so the base is completely submerged.
10. Place lash as close to your natural lashline as possible starting from the inner corner of your eye. Use the opposite end of your tweezers to press falsies down into lashline.
TIP: The majority of the time my false lashes will start coming off on both ends so I use the opposite end of my tweezers to get, and place, a tiny amount of glue under those ends and press down again for at least 5 seconds.
11. Once completed, apply one last swish of liquid liner to disguise false lashes.
12. Use cotton tips to perfect liner and remove mascara smudges.
- Concealer – YSL, Touche Eclat
- Eyeshadow – MAC, Bisque
- Liquid Eyeliner – Chanel, Ecriture de Chanel
- Mascara – Dior, Extase
- False Lashes – MAC
- Lash Glue – Duo Adhesive (purchased at MAC)
- Tweezers – Manicare
Remember that using liquid eyeliner takes practise so don’t give up on your first attempt.
The Chanel liquid liner I’ve mentioned is great for newbies, it’s easy to use and is very long-lasting. Approx $60NZD but keeps for 6 months minimum.
Feel free to post or email me with any questions.
photos courtesy of google, theyallhateus.com